br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Monday, August 08, 2005

Need help! What camera I should buy?

I am thinking of buying a new digital camera. (Point and Shoot).I did some researched on various cameras but still not sure which one to go for. My old Fuji Z601 which I am using will be given to my daughter for her coming birthday.

My budget would be anything less than RM2,000. I am considering Nikon S2, Nikon E5900, Nikon E7900, Konica X1, Konica X60, Canon SD 500 or Canon SD400. All these cameras are small and compact.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


These two cameras are the ones that I like but I am still not too sure. Anyone who is using any of the cameras above can help me out. If you have any advice on other cameras please share with me.

Thanks for sharing what camera you are using with me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Papi said...

I thnk it depends on your usage and requirement. Try comparing the pixels, the storage, functions, optical zoom, and battery. You can check out www.dpreview.com for a review.

I m using a slim Casio Z4 (which has since obsolete), with 4MP, 3xOptical Zoom.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jaselee said...

Depending on your usage. If you want real good color reproduction, do go Canon Ixus, but if you want power zoom, try with those in the market for optical zoom. Stay away from digital zoom as they just extend the zoom without actually optics zoom.

1:49 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

Thanks for the help folks.

10:27 AM  
Blogger sweetspirits said...

Hi Thquah
My advise is don't buy one if it has a joystick button, that is what mine has and it is so annoying as it is so tiny and never really does what i want,so i never bother to set time n date. But the ones you have on here look fine.
cheers

12:05 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

thanks really appreciate your advice, still looking around for cameras and still can't made up my mind.Anyway I am not in the rush to buy it. Futher more only need to us ethe camera during November. Going for holidays again most likely to Seoul, Korea (Nov)and Hong Kong Disneyland with the kids.(Dec).

1:00 PM  
Blogger Egghead said...

I am using Panasonic LX7.
Fully recommend Panasonic cameras because the Leica lense is really superior that other brands.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home