br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Stick to your resolutions

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mum's cooking for Chinese New Year-delicious

How often have you set your intentions, only to fail due to the high standard you have set yourself? Now it's already half year through 2005 and some of our New Year's resolutions has not even starter or have already lapse.

Perhaps procrastination is the problem. What is procrastination? “I’ll will join the gym next month” or I’ll start eating better next week.” Those changes rarely become a routine of life. You may take one step forward but then take three backwards.

As US life coach Michael Angier says, “Doing what is necessary for a day or two isn’t hard. When most people fail to do is string those days together, creating progress and ultimately the accomplishment.”

Procrastination plagues people of all ages. But we do feel ever more aware that we don’t have time to do everything we want in life - important motivation to take steps to procrastinate less and achieve more.

I believe you can commit to your resolution by tricking yourself. Here’s how: make one tiny change in the way you live each week. You have seven days in which to get it right. Within four days, you will probably start feeling the benefits of the change. By end of the week it will be part of your routine.

Saying is easy than doing. But a little effort is always a good way to start, put it across and to maintain the spirit of wanting to carry on the task. Quote “When the going is tough, the tough gets going.”

As for me I try to change my life every week by tricking myself. Slowly but surely going to stick to those resolutions/ targets I have set for myself. Although all are simple resolutions only. Luckily I am not a perfectionist therefore I am not associated with procrastination.


5 Comments:

Blogger Mumsgather said...

Small steps. Small steps. Thanks for sharing. BTW, the pic is yummy! I can recognise the ju hu char and lettuce wraps and chai bui which eaten on 2nd day taste even better!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lai Fong said...

Great piece of wisdom! I am going to think very carefully about what you just said and try it out.

6:55 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

MG: Yes lo , small, small steps first eventually will lead to our goals.

tinkerbell: thks for dropping by, glad you like the wisdom.

11:05 PM  
Blogger sweetspirits said...

Food looks Scrumptious, wise thoughts and you are right small steps or one step at a time.
cheerz tcz

10:53 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

sweetspirit: Yes the food is delicious.Penang food is always good.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home