br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

D-I-Y Pest Control

I am always worried that my house will be infested with termites. Even though it had the pest preventive control done by a pest control company a few times already. I am always on the look out for any sign of termites begin around in the house. Lucky so far there is no termite’s infection.

underhouse
Me on the job, looking for termites

After reading belacans experience with the Exterminator, I thought why not D-I-Y so I decided to save some money by doing the spraying of the insecticide myself. Seeing the workers spraying the chemical was easy.

I remember I did have some insecticide chemical given by the pest control worker during their last visit. Most probably the chemical is Termidor a low hazard insecticide.
Here how it goes, mix the chemical 10% with water 90% put the mix solution in a spray container. I managed to spray the whole house and it was a very simple job. Time needed to do the job was about 40 minutes.

I think I have saved about RM60.00 (RM360 p.a = 6 visits; quotation from the pest control company) from now onwards I will be doing my own pest control for my house (just simple spraying). It just that I have to buy the chemical and strictly follow the instructions on the label.

Some simple task should be done by us after seeing how easy it is done thus making us save some money.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Good idea to DIY this... have to get my place checked for these termites too...

9:30 AM  
Blogger thquah said...

Yes brother, you have to do it or else if the termites attack habis.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Babysmooches said...

eww... I had this termites problem last month and gosh, I'd hate to have to face it again.
One thing about the DIY is the horrible smell it emits and the hazardous content.

5:21 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

Sharon: it all depends on what chemical you use, the one I am using is smelless.If you use according to the perportion of chemical with water it should be not too hazardous.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home