br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Greed; nothing is free

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lotus flower-a beauty


People will say that it's just greed that interest the wolf to trap its prey. The truth in us, we are motivated by anything that is free which is sometimes quite logical. As there is a saying “Things that come free usually there is an ulterior motive”. If there are things that are free or so easy to obtain certainly there is a catch.

Pointers to ponder;

  • Don’t trust people who give us gifts

  • Don’t trust stories that sound too good to be true.
    (Sometimes it’s hard not to believe certain stories that can affect our lives, silly me)

  • Don’t be motivated by greed

  • Don’t do things just because it is easy or convenient


To grasp the above statements are easy.The most important is" Don’t be greedy"and you will not fall into this trap of “freebies”. There are many times sales persons came to my house and told me that my family has been given certain freebies or we have won a prize.( pots and pants, cookery items, electrical items, etc) But before you can receive any of the freebies you need to pay for the freight charges of the freebies which sometimes can be double the price of it. What a joke. If one’s is not careful certainly he/she will fall for this trap of techniques create by these professional sales persons.

It’s because of greed that at one time or another we will purchase things that we really don’t need. I bet it happened to everyone of us. The attraction of something free moves our heart rather than our mind making us thinking illogically. Thus we end up buying the unnecessary and hurting our budget.

My principle is: if the sales persons want to give me freebies I will surely deny it. A lesson learnt is "greed kills" or you will end up poorer. Generally there is nothing free in this world maybe except air.

On another note:
The air condition in Penang is fast improving due to the shattered showers. It has been hazy for the past week and the air condition was really bad. Phew..

4 Comments:

Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

Though...one thing I always follow is that Greed for the better part of it is good. Without it, mankind would never have pushed to our limits to keep reaching for things that are immedietly out of our reach. To want more than just the sky. To want more than just the sea. To push the limits of our endurnce and define the very nature of what we can ever be.

Ironically...that's what greed does.

12:17 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

kamigoroshi: Greed for the better, you have a point there. To push to our limits, I agree. But not on freebies that I mentioned.

12:29 PM  
Blogger percolator said...

I must admit it. I am so greedy... Mind you, it's certainly not free, I pay a lot for it. Food! Food! Food! Now, I'm Fat Fat Fat! ;(

2:40 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

percolator: Greedy on food is good for you. It will definitely makes you happy, healthy and wise.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home