br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My son PMR exam

Since Monday 3/10/2005 my son has been starting to take the PMR examination. It will be until next week 11/10/2005 the whole exam will be over. Next year will be my daughter turn for the PMR.

2185549_6df2c97913

This reminds me of the days I took my SPR (Sijil Peniliaan Rendah) the same as PMR.Looking and comparing with my kids on their studies I think I am way behind them.

They are more gifted than me and have produced better results compared to the results I have obtained. I think they are smarter perhaps their generation is suppose to be this way.

Sometimes I wonder, can we as parents be easy going on the kids, let them do their own thing. But again kids have to be monitor and guide so that they will be able to instill good values in life.

I try as far as possible to be as flexible as possible with my kids. Things that cannot be allow to do are usually given answers with reasoning. Sometimes they don’t like it but that’s the rule.

I think he will be going to enjoy his long rest and the internet after the long awaited exam is over. I have promised him that he can have full access anytime to the internet after the exam.
Then as a father I will still have to monitor his activities.That what parents has to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ris said...

Parents will always be slaves to their kids.. All the best to your boy's PMR!

loveris
www.loveris.blogspot.com

10:48 AM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

I know lotsa parents who get more stressed up than their kids when it comes to exam season. Do you? Any tips on how to get out of that trap?

12:20 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

loveris: Me slave to my kids, I don't think so exam is part and parcel of life.Even if they don't do well in exam it's not the end of the world.Things can work out if we are hard working.

mg: Stress sometimes but most of the time I am Ok,I think the best is to treat them to their abilities and don't pressure them too much.

11:55 PM  
Blogger lonelychinesegal said...

hi there,

Btw, what is PMR ? Is it Singapore's equivalent of the O Levels ?

11:03 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

LMS:PMR is just equivalent to Lower School Certificate, next step to O Levels.

12:18 PM  
Blogger lonelychinesegal said...

oic...got it :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Nice pic of the exam scene... looks so neat and tidy...

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
pregnancy and effexor xr vaf 2000 automatic self cleaning water filters canada wireless video surveillance water filter replacement cartridges generic airline flights hepa filters Coupon for enterprise rental car sierra pure water filters water filter emergency water filter carterage electrolux filter guardian hepa

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home