br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What kind of fashion is this?

Well, as we know teenagers today will follow whatever the latest trend in fashion, hair-do, music , etc. But some of the things these teenagers do will be so uncool that's the impression I have. Lately my teenage kids have been following the new trend with their dressing and hair-do not to mention the music they listen to. The music they listen is totally alien to me and different from the 70's and 80's. Most teenagers follow the trend, maybe this is due to peer pressure or just for the sake of following not to be left out in the group. I always commented that what they are doing is so uncool but they said that I am old fashion and behind time. Some of the things my son does are have his hair spooking up by using wax hair cream, wearing big baggy pants (his waist is only 28 inches but buy size 34 inches pants) The way he wear the pants is like the pants is going to drop out from the waist. It's not the normal hipster fashion but much lower than hipster always showing off his underwear. I always tell him better not to wear anything at all, if he wants to show his butt or show anything else. As for my daughter she is much better she does not follow much into the fashion thing and I am glad. Don't get me wrong I can accept whatever dressing they are up too. It's just that I need to remind them the taste they have on dressings. I don't want them to dress like Ah Too or Jinjang Joe (local nickname that is given for bad taste in dressing). Maybe every teenage have his own opinion on the way he/she wants to dress. I will have to be a little patience with my kids and let them figure out whether their dressings is horrible or I am terrible.(old fashion)

Welcome to the new fashion trend today!

2 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Hahaha, same here. My kids always, always tell me I am 'ketinggalan zaman'. They keep listening to the same song and singing it so loud! BTW, are you living in Penang now or located elsewhere. Pop by McD this Sunday 17.4.05 around 10am if you are in the neighbourhood.

11:13 AM  
Blogger thquah said...

5xmom: We are living in PG. Thks for the invitation -McD(which McD?)will try.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home