br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Beware con pair on the prowl

Last few weeks and the coming weeks, I will still be busy with the office work and there are a few outstanding chores at the house that need to be done.

I need to share a True Story had happened to my uncle recently, He was conned by 2 guys most probably Chinese National because they can’t speak the local dialect (Hokkien) when the con was happening. Beware nowadays cons works in pairs or groups to make you believe that everything seems true.

My uncle went to a bank to withdraw RM3000. (MBB, Bayan Baru Branch) As he was to walk out of the bank, a guy in front of him suddenly drops a bundle of money. Being too helpful he called out to this guy that he had dropped the money. But was stopped by another guy who was behind him asking not to alert the man who had dropped the money.

The guy who had silence my uncle quickly picked up the money (estimated RM5000) and stack it in a wallet and passed it to my uncle. But the wallet was switched before it was passed to my uncle. The wallet that was given was filled with newspapers nicely cut out in the size of the currency.

Once he had given the switched wallet to my uncle he disappeared saying he will meet my uncle nearby. The guy who has dropped the money quickly approached my uncle saying that he has picked up his dropped money. This guy was blaming, cursing (saying you are a thief) and pretend to do a body search and at the same time pick pocket the RM 3000 my uncle has just withdrawn from the bank. My uncle however did not realise he had been cheated until he opened the wallet which was filled with newspapers.

So you have to be always on the alert because a lot of dishonest people are out there to con you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Waah... RM 3000 quite an expensive 'lesson'...

1:58 PM  
Blogger thquah said...

What to do a bitter lesson after all.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bengbeng said...

omg....they tried a scam on me too, different one but i had been forewarned.

btw we r both statistically a rare species :) according to a survey I read, almost all bloggers in M'sia are female and below 25. So, we fail both categories :)

Mayb we r from a foreign country :)

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home