br> < Through My Eyes >
Google

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cooking Nasi Lemak on Mother's Day

Last Sunday MrsQ asked me what to cook for lunch. Most of the weekends she cooked, we enjoyed her cooking. After the everyday normal dishes bought from the hawkers for lunch and dinner I suggested that I will cooked Nasi Lemak (Fragrance Rice) for lunch. Since it was also Mother’s Day 8/5/2005 I thought it was a good idea to let MrsQ take a rest and to try my cooking skills. Oh yes my mother has has gone to my brother place in KL so she didn't get to enjoy my good cooking.

So I went to the market bought the things needed for my cooking. I bought Santan, (coconut milk) Rempah (spices) ready mixed for curry chicken, Cucumber, Ikan Bilis, (small fishes) Fish-Stingy Ray. I managed to get some banana leaves near my house for grilling the fish. Then unplucked some pandan leaves(fragrances leaves) opposite my house for cooking the rice.

Then I started cooking the Nasi Lemak. At the same time MrsQ help in, she could not let me do all the cooking. I think in her mind every dish will be a disaster. She cooked all the main dishes curry chicken and grill fish with chili and fried ikan bilis. In the end I just cooked the rice , cut the cucumber and made some sambal belachan (chili with prawn paste). So much for Mother's Day cooking. My Nasi Lemak turns out pretty good the aroma was fantastic. (cukup lemak) The sambal belachan which was spicy and hot. If you mixed it with the Nasi Lemak it’s so delicious and taste so good. Overall the lunch was simple and good.

We had a good and hearty lunch. My kids enjoy the lunch so much that both of them have 2nd helping. Maybe I will try cooking more and let MrsQ take a rest on weekend’s .LOL.

My Nasi Lemak ready for makan(eating).

Nasi Lemak
All ready for makan.


Nasi Lemak
Nasi Lemak with the dishes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT!

11:35 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Yum yum. Must open a nasi lemak shop liao. Lucky MrsQ!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Man cannot live without Nasi Lemak!!
On a previous note, I took your 10 points on marriage and showed my missus. She immediately found me guilty of committing quite a handful of acts! Phew...

9:48 AM  
Blogger thquah said...

weeler: Thanks man.

5xmom: If open shop nobody will come and buy.lol.

lrong: Can belanja you Nasi Lemak no problem. The rules on marriage has been a guide for us for all this while. Phew.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home